Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"So Jesus had compassion"




















"So Jesus stood still and called them, and said, 'What do you want Me to do for you?'


They said to Him, 'Lord, that our eyes may be opened.' So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him." Matt 20:32,33


One of the many traits I so love about Jesus, was His compassion.

Throughout the New Testament we read where Jesus..."moved with compassion....".


He was the Son of God, and could perform miracles at will.


Yet He didn't use His miraculous powers for show, or to draw attention to Himself.

Jesus performed miracles because of His compassion. He cared when people were hurting, suffering, whether it was physical, emotional, or mental suffering.


How compassionate are we? As Christians, we are to follow in His footsteps and strive to become more Christlike in our attitudes towards others.


Sometimes, I think people are hateful or hard to get along with, because they're hurting.


Jesus loved those who were hard to love.


I know, because He loved me. He still does.


And He loves you, too.


He has compassion for you, for your family, for your child(ren), and whatever your circumstance may be.


If ever you feel alone, or forsaken, or like nobody understands what you're going through, open your Bible and let God remind you that Jesus is full of compassion...and He does care about what you're feeling, and what you're going through.


Take comfort in knowing that the very God of this universe...feels compassion for you.


esther

2 comments:

Angela said...

Take comfort in knowing that the very God of this universe...feels compassion for you.


What an anointed post...

VoicingAutism said...

Love you sis.

I'm being honest here....the Lord God has been the absolute best friend, I've ever had in my life. And when I'm down and confused...and afraid because I don't know the future...don't always know if I'm making right choices for my son...I do find comfort and courage, knowing that God has a plan...and that when I hurt, He cares. He really does.
dove








Helpful info about Autism from the National Autism Society