Friday, January 23, 2009

God has a plan for your child!

Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future." How amazing is that verse?!!

Every time I read this verse my heart is filled with hope because I understand that HE has plans not only for me, or my family as a whole, but especially for my precious little boy!

And because my son faces so many challenges with autism, my mother's heart needs all the hope and encouragement it can get.

So when we're facing enourmous struggles, and the facts and reality are staring me right in the face, instead of giving in to discouragement and fear for my son' future, I remind myself to read that verse, to call out to God, to claim that verse over our circumstances!

I pray that the power of His words will reach right down into your heart and bless you with hope and joy and especially, peace of mind.

And always remember, as Christians we live by faith, not by sight.

What we SEE, such as facts and reality, are not the only factors involved.

Allow our faith in God to take us to newer, higher, more hopeful places.

He loves us, He loves you, and He loves your precious child.
He said He has plans for us, and I choose to believe Him!

esther


2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm claiming this over my own children too Dove,,especially with what Randan is facing at the moment..((hugs)) Great devotional

VoicingAutism said...

Thanks, Ang! I'm on my wya over to your place! love you!








Helpful info about Autism from the National Autism Society