Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Let it go and move on"! Joel Osteen

"Sometimes "religion" tries to beat people down and make them feel bad about themselves. 'You've done this and you failed here, and you didn't treat this person right, and you didn't raise your kids as well as you should have.' Many people wallow in that condemnation and they go around with low self-esteem and a sense of unworthiness. Their attitude is God could never bless me. I've made too many mistakes. I blew it."

"No, God knew you weren't going to be perfect. Why don't you lighten up and give yourself a break? Quit beating yourself up over everything you've done wrong. After all, you can't change the past. If you've made mistakes, just say, "God, I'm sorry; I repent. Help me to do better next time." Then let it go and move on. If you hold on to it, you open the door to guilt and condemnation. Before long, you'll be going around with a "poor old me" mentality."

"I don't deserve anything. I'm just a weak worm of the dust," I hear people say. No, you're not a weak worm of the dust; you're a child of the Most High God. Hold your head up high, put your shoulders back, and start acting like a child of Almighty God."

Joel Osteen/Become A Better You

No comments:








Helpful info about Autism from the National Autism Society