Saturday, March 28, 2009

Giving God the glory?!

I shared in here today about the awesome changes we've seen in our son's behaviors at home this past week, and I realized I hadn't one time given the glory to God!
I was just on the phone, sharing with one of the ladies in our church children's ministry how the Lord has been working all along, in ways we couldn't see, and how He has brought every single person into our path in order to open doors and move in our lives. We've been through some unbelievable struggles this past year.

To be honest, there were times when I didn't think I could go another day the way things were. It seemed the harder we tried to get through to our son, the worse the behavior became.

I prayed, I cried, I read The Word, and sometimes it seemed that nothing was going to change...ever. Honestly, I don't know how people do this, without having a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior.

And now I know that every prayer, every tear, every sigh, every heartbreak, was heard and seen by my Father, and that He was moving on our behalf all along. NO, we couldn't SEE what He was doing...how He was invisibly speaking to hearts and moving mountains to answer our prayers, but He was here with us.

I just want to make sure I give Him all the glory. And I love and thank Him so much for never giving up on us...on me. He is still merciful and patient...full of compassion and longsuffering, and even though sometimes it may seem like He allows us to suffer through so much, we have to keep believing, keep holding on, and keep asking Him for the grace to help us through one more day. Because as long as God is in the picture, anything is possible.

esther

2 comments:

Angela said...

Because as long as God is in the picture, anything is possible.amen amen amen

Chun Wong said...

I love your blog, it's so inspiring and uplifting.








Helpful info about Autism from the National Autism Society