Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What IS Faith?

This has become one of my favorite verses in The Bible...so simple yet so powerful!

So many times when I've gone through some really trying situations, I know the Lord brings this precious verse to my mind...to remind me to have faith even when things don't look so great to me.

Afterall, the verse says..."Now faith is the substance of things HOPED FOR..." the evidence of things NOT SEEN..."

If we see something positive, or good happening, we wouldn't need the faith. But its when we need to believe in something positive...something improving...something better happening..that we need our faith.

You know, if I were to continue to look at my circumstances as they are right now...my son's challenges in this autism epidemic, I don't think I could face another day.

Most of the time I don't come in here and just lay it all on the line...really share how tough things are with him, because what I don't ever want to do is to exploit my child...or to overstep the bounds regarding his privacy.

Yet what I do want to do is to encourage so many others who are going through similiar...or possibly worse...situations and challenges.

I don't have all the answers.

Sometimes its all I can do to get through one day at a time.

We have good days, and not-so-good ones.

Months can go by when all evidence would seem to point to my son becoming almost "typical".

Then the bottom drops out...and we're blindsided.

This is when my faith has to take over. This is when I really understand what this verse is saying. Because I begin to look at the things..."not seen"....such as healing, a peaceful life for my son, reaching goals, winning over autism...and I ask the Lord to teach me how to increase my faith...so that I won't give up.

Faith is so important. The Bible even says that without faith, it is impossible to please Him.

Hebrews 11 is a wonderful chapter to read to start increasing your own faith.

Faith is a wonderful, powerful gift to have. Its amazing how my spirit, attitude, and thoughts become transformed and lifted, when I allow God to speak to me through His Word...and to increase my faith.

I hope and pray your faith will be increased today. May you realize the peace, power and hope that will flood your heart and soul, when you look to the Lord...the Creator of faith itself.

esther

No comments:








Helpful info about Autism from the National Autism Society