Saturday, January 10, 2009

POWERFUL PROMISES!

Well I can't speak for the rest of the world, but to me? Sometimes it seems like this life is full of landmines and pitfalls...all designed to trap and trip us up! Things can be going along just fine and then all of a sudden....BAM! An unexpected mishap that sets us reeling on our feet and threatens to pull us under for the count.

It never ceases to amaze me that I can be so easily... sidetracked. How can I remain so vulnerable, so seemingly helpless when I do spend time in God's Word, I've read and been warned about these trials and temptations, yet all the reading in the world doesn't prevent me from being sucked right into some unexpected event.

Then I get down on myself for NOT being stronger. Then I start believing all kinds of lies about myself, and walking under the heavy burden of condemnation. So I do all that KNOW to do...and that is to cry out to my God, to cry out I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

I love the Word of God because it is SO applicable to today's world. I mean Jesus Himself WARNED us that ..."in this world, you WILL have tribulations...but be of good cheer...I have overcome the world!" Notice He didn't say we MIGHT have tribulations...He said we WILL. To me that means He knew and continues to know every trial and sorrow and heartache we will go through, and though it doesn't always seem like it while we're going through the fire, He really is right here with us...in Spirit.

I also love Jesus because He knew what was in man's heart....and was willing to forgive and love us, anyway. No one but Jesus would have cried out to The Father...."Forgive them, for they know not what they do....". Jesus forgave even when forgiveness wasn't request from His wrongdoers. We have a hard time forgiving even IF someone apologizes and asks forgiveness of us. I want to be like Jesus....to forgive more unconditionally....WITHOUT being asked.

The hardest person in the world to forgive....is myself. Partly because I've set my own standards so high....I mean, I'm a Christian and I long to become more and more like my Savior...so when I falter, I'm disappointed that I obviously haven't made the progress I'd hoped to make. Perhaps its partly pride...having to admit I'm not nearly as strong a Christian as I thought I was. And then of course there's good old satan himself...ever ready to point a finger and accuse me and laugh at my shortcomings....eager to feed my mind with lies and what-ifs and all manner of fears.

I cling to God's Word....but I suppose I'm still learning how to "apply" it affectively. To read, to know His Word is one thing. Wisdom, however, is being able to apply the knowledge. I need wisdom. Desperately.

God' Word is my favorite thing in this world. So packed full of powerful promises and advice...warnings, encouragements, hope and light.

Today I want to read...and understand...and really GRASP that I am forgiven...IF I confess my sins. I John 1:9...."IF we confess our sins, He IS faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to CLEANSE us from ALL unrighteousness." That's His promise, to us. All we have to do is to CONFESS our sins.

I confess. I've faltered, I've failed, I've doubted, I've lost my temper, I've said some ungodly things I shouldn't have said. Now I accept ..... His forgiveness.

esther

2 comments:

Angela said...

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

VoicingAutism said...

((((Hugs right back to you, sweetest sis of mine....))))








Helpful info about Autism from the National Autism Society